Thursday 2 October 2014

Salicylic Acid Face Peel

From the age of 11 to now (age 18) I have suffered with acne, its not so bad now as I've got older and started to care for my skin more but I do still get the odd spot but I have been left with the permanent reminder of this teenage nightmere in the form of huge redy brown scars that have been left behind.

I've tried many things to get rid of the scar inculding lemon juice on the sun, scrubbing my face with sugar and honey and even bleaching my skin with hair bleach (PLEASE do not try as it does not work and it burns like hell!!).. So, after reading about Dermatoligists preforming Salicylic Acid peels on paitents with scarring I researched into the cost of getting it done perfossionally but being part time employed doesn't allow for me to spend around £100 each time it needs doing so I went on to ebay and brought 30 ml of 20% Salicylic Acid for around £5 an obvious saving of a lot of money although I would perfer and recommened to have it professionally done thats just not an option for me. I only did a partial peel on my right cheek as that is the worse part of my face and I wanted to test it on a patch that I would be able to notice and differences better.

September 26th 2014-

The first treatment, after doing a skin test and having no reaction I washed my face with simple face was and towel dried I applied a tiny tiny amount to the scars using a cotton bud, after about 2 seconds it was burning my face felt like it was on fire but i perserevered and left it on for a minute. In that minute my skin frosted and when I washed the acid off the frosting remained so I scrubbed my face with a flannel with I do not recommend as that has probably caused some damage. My skin was left red and sore. I'm using E45 cream to moisturise my face through out the whole process.
The next day my skin looked bruised and red.

September 28th 2014-

My skin has started to peel! It looks like really bad sun burn which is too bad really and sort of looks like a bruise from far away. It is so tempting to pick and peel my face because I'am so excited to see the result but I suppose being patient is a lot better than rushing it and leaving myself a bigger scar.

September 29th 2014-

First day going public with my face peeling, obviously everyone asked about it and all sounded horrified when I told them I had done it myself at home..
Most of my skin has peeled off now there is just a few patches left to go but the skin thats left behind looks so much better and the scars are less purple and are just a pale pinky colour.

October 1st 2014-

There is one tiny patch that still needs to peel off but the skin that has already peeled looks so much better!
By the end of the day my skin has totally peeled and I'am left with skin that looks so much better still slightly red but I'm sure that will go down over the next couple of days.
I'm so happy with the result especially as this is the first time I have done it.


 Pictures-
(Sorry about the lighting and terribly unflattering angles in some of the pictures)
1st - Before the peel
2nd - Just after the peel was applied
3rd - After a minute, was off time
4th - After being washed off 
5th - Day 2 red red red
6th - Day 2 
7th - Day 3 Started to scab
8th - Day 3 Starts to peel
9th - Day 4 peeling 
10th - Day 5 final peeling
11th - Day 6 all done!!




Good luck if you are planning to do this at home and make sure you have research properly and throughly!!

Twitter- @josieeberryy
Instagram- @josieeberryyy

No comments:

Post a Comment